The Trafalgar Centre is Nelson Tasman’s largest multi-purpose spectator sports and events arena. Built in the early 1970s, the Centre has a history of hosting major cultural and entertainment events and exhibitions.
The Trafalgar Centre sits on the west bank of the Maitai River, opposite Nelson’s Trafalgar Park and is just a 10 minute stroll to Nelson’s vibrant city centre and a 15 minute ocean-side drive from the airport.
Recently upgraded and earthquake strengthened, the Centre was named the 2019 EVANZ Medium Venue of the Year.
It contains two key spaces, the Main Arena and the new Northern Extension.
The Main Arena is ideal for sports events, trade shows, concerts, and conference and awards dinners. Book alone or in addition to the elegant new Northern Extension.
- Floor area 2700m2
- Capacity – Standing 4500 / Stadium 2300 / Theatre 2300 / Banquet 700
- Flooring – Sprung timber
- Flexible Seating – Raked grandstands, floor seating and VIP options
- Large modular concert stage
- Car parks 200, coach parking 5 and on-street parking
- Bathrooms – Male 4 / Female 4 / Accessible 6
- Changing Rooms – 6 Team / 2 Referee
- Catering – Full catering kitchen, cool store, chillers and bar – choose your preferred caterer
- Ticketing – Choose your preferred ticketing agent
- Loading Docks – 1 large internal truck bay plus 5 external loading sites
- Sound and Visual – PA, scoreboard and TV screens available
- Wi-Fi – Ultra-fast broadband. Password protected
- Accessible access
- Events office
If you would like to place a booking or enquire about availability, please contact our Venue Manager:
- email [email protected]
- phone (03) 539 1301
- or by filling out the Booking Enquiry Form on the website