We are a small rural NZ Bowling Association Gold Medal Award bowling club located in the Village of Wakefield which is a community of approximately 2600 folk located 27 kilometres south of Nelson on Highway 6. Our membership captive area extends beyond the Village of Wakefield and includes Nelson City, Stoke, Richmond, Brightwater Wai-iti and Tapawera.
Established in 1911, the club has operated continuously since then. Our centennial celebrations were held during the 2010 – 2011 season.
We are a two green club. Both greens are considered to be among the best greens in our district. Our natural Cotula green was laid down in 1911.Our second green, the Spittal Green, has a synthetic surface. It was opened for play on the 17 April 2010. Funding for the new green was provided by Charitable Trusts, the Tasman District Council along with significant donations and voluntary work from club members and local businesses.