Richmond Kindergarten is a family friendly kindergarten which offers flexible enrolments to meet children’s individual needs.
The Kindergarten is located in the heart of Richmond and has positive relationships with all the local primary schools in the area.Richmond Kindergarten is well resourced, with a strong focus on sensory motor development and fostering the needs of individual children. The programme celebrates diversity by incorporating sign language and te reo. Music and Movement plays an important part in our everyday curriculum.
Kindergarten is often children’s first experience of being away from their whanau for an extended period.
Our teachers encourage children to develop:
- Independence (self management)
- The skills to foster friendships
- And strengthen motor skills
- The ability to understand their place in the wider world
- The skills to cope with change
- The confidence to try new things
- The ability to persist at a task
Our “Getting Ready for School” group introduces children to more formal learning opportunities that will set them up for success at school. These could include:
- Number and letter recognition
- Oral and listening skills
- Physical challenges
- Resilience and a positive attitude towards learning
Children and families are welcome to visit us anytime. Come and see how awesome our kindergarten is!