Rainbow Ski Area is high in the north of this great mountain chain within the world famous Nelson/Marlborough lifestyle region. Reaching a height of over 1760 metres, Rainbow captures regular winter snow, complemented by extensive snow making, all superbly groomed to create a stunning winter playground.
The wide uncrowded slopes and well groomed trails provide superb terrain for beginners and intermediates while advanced skiers can challenge themselves in the high powder runs and chutes. Snowboarders love the varied terrain, jumps, bumps and drops. A terrain park has been developed, offering more thrills & spills for adventurous boarders and skiers.
Access road – 17km from State Highway 63 turnoff. Chains must be fitted or carried by all vehicles at all times from base car park. Shuttle service runs multiple trips daily from base car park.
- The Rainbow Cafe – serving food, cold and hot drinks, espresso coffee.
- The Lone Star Rib Shack.
- Rental – Full Ski & Snowboarding equipment and clothing.
- Ski repair and maintenance service.
- Retail Shop for accessories, clothing and rainbow branded souvenirs.
- First aid and emergency services.
- International Snowsports department for Ski & Snowboard lessons.
- Snow-making facilities (4 TechnoAlpin & 1 Demaclenko Evo 3.0 Snow fan guns and several SMI fan guns too.
- Two Kassbohrer Pisten Bully snow groomers.