Skip to content

The Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter Trust has successfully administered an air rescue service since 1991.

This has been achieved in partnership with Garden City Helicopters (the operator since 1996) and the Order of St John, through its paramedics and 111 emergency call service.

Since then, hundreds of people throughout Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough have been successfully flown from accident and rescue sites to hospitals in the region.
Each year hundreds of hours are given freely by the Trustees, Volunteer Rescue Crew, Sponsors and members of the community in support of the Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter. Without this commitment, the service would simply not exist. This support is given because the service is one that people feel passionate about.


Our service receives no direct government funding. The Trust’s fundamental role since 1991 has been to secure and administer the enormous and constant amount of funding that is required to not only keep a viable Air Rescue service fully operational but to ensure that it meets or exceeds world-class standards of operational performance and safety.

The fact that those standards are constantly being redefined to keep pace with the changing environment and technology, means an increasing demand on training resources and equipment.

Our current funding environment means that 40% of operational costs are met by ACC, Police SAR and Hospital payments. That leaves an enormous shortfall of 60% which can only be met by public donations and business sponsorship support.


Not provided


(03) 547 7278

Other Phone

(027) 547 7278


Paula Muddle
[email protected]

Follow Us


Disabled parking, Parking, Wheelchair access

Not Provided

Not Provided, Nelson, 7011, New Zealand

View larger map
Edit this Organisation

For deletion requests, please Contact Found

Share by Text
a mobile phone number in international format. E.g. +64210000000
Maximum 160 characters
Back To Top