Havelock Lions was granted its charter in 1966.
- We meet once a month, at “Captain’s Daughter” Cafe/Restaurant 6pm for a 7pm two course meal on the third Tuesday each month.
- The club combines the meal and business session on the same evening. There is usually a guest speaker between 7.40pm and 8pm.
- Visitors and members from other clubs are always welcome and should email the Club by the preceding Sunday evening of their intention to visit.
- Business meetings are held at 6.30pm on the first Tuesday each month.
The club is involved in the following projects:
- Supporting CanTeen
- Cantabs for Kidney kids
- Supporting Young People on 21 day classic Outward Bound course
- Sale of sheep manure (funds to local projects)
- Supporting Havelock’s annual Mussel Festival
- Assisting with annual Forrest Estate GrapeRide
- Annual Food bank collection
- Assisting with Pet Day at Havelock School
- “Sid Mead memorial cup” to top Cactus graduate
- Sponsoring students to Curious Cove holiday camps ( 6 students sponsored in 2019)
- Assisting “Muddy Buddy” event
- Arranging the Havelock Lions Market Day outside the Havelock i-Site building on the last Saturday of the month on Main Road. Proceeds to local projects.
We welcome new members. Applicants can be both men and women over 18 years of age. We encourage newer members to learn about serving the needs of the community and the world from more experienced ones. If you think you might be interested or want to know more about Lions, email us and a member will contact you.