Our vision for Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō is for a strong, vibrant, and proud iwi which exercises and realises its rangatiratanga.
Our vision for the Trust is for an effective and responsive organisation that utilises its resources efficiently to meet the needs and aspirations of members, while also providing for future generations.
1. Social Development / Whakahiatu Ora Tipu
- Improving the quality of members lives by enabling them to create and take advantage of opportunities to better themselves and their whānau;
- Creating opportunities for iwi members to practice their culture – which they can draw identity from and have pride in, thereby upholding the mana of Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō; and
- Creating an iwi community that iwi members can be a part of.
2. Cultural Development / Te Whakahaumanu Ahurea
- Enabling our culture, and the cultural identity and cultural competency of whānau, to grow and thrive;
- Providing a foundation for whānau to link to one another, and our tūpuna, by acquainting, or re-acquainting them with their whakapapa, and through restoring connectedness within whānau, hapū, and iwi; and
- Enabling our people to trace/walk in the footsteps of our tūpuna and reconnect with the whenua.
3. Environmental Responsibilities / Kaitiakitanga
- Maintaining and enhancing our connection with our physical environment and resources, and ensuring that these are used responsibly; and
- Recognising our unique relationship with our environment and whenua.
4. Organisational Development / Te Mana Whakahaere
- Building a strong, capable organisation that can deliver on iwi members’ expectations, and which gives best expression to the purposes outlined above.