At Golden Bay High School students prepare for the future by learning skills and knowledge, and developing the personal resources that are needed to live satisfying, balanced and responsible lives.
We cater for all students, whatever their needs. Part of our philosophy is to take into account the interests and abilities of each student. We devise individual programmes to support maximum learning where necessary.
Our aim is to provide a sound, balanced education which promotes and encourages:
- all individuals to reach their full potential
- a wide range of learning experiences
- self‑confidence, reliability, self‑respect and consideration for others
- a spirit of enquiry and concern
- a sense of participation and pride in the school
- physical, mental, emotional and social health
- effective, honest and respectful two‑way communication between pupils, staff, Board of Trustees, parents and the community
- a very wide range of subjects and courses (see our Course Information Booklets – for Years 11,12 & 13)
- access to many other subjects and courses, including by correspondence
- multi‑level study
- a guidance‑centred approach in every respect
- excellent facilities in a delightful setting
We believe continuing education is very important, no matter what age one may be, so we encourage and welcome adult students into our school. Places are available for adult students in most regular day school classes. Please contact the Office for details.