Taking every step together, our vision is to empower people living with autism
Autism is a neurodevelopmental condition that affects approximately 80,000 New Zealanders. The traits associated with autism span a wide spectrum and lead to a different way of seeing the world and interacting with others.
Autism New Zealand has worked continuously with the community to deliver thousands of educational programmes that increase public understanding of autism. We have assisted over 50,000 individuals and their family members to learn about autism and find the services they need.
We offer support, information and advice to families/whanua, people working with children, young adults and adults who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Key Activities include:
- Provide practical strategies & ideas to assist families
- Provide Outreach Coordinator Support
- Provide Workshops
- Provide information to professionals and liase with other agencies
- Raise awareness of Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Provide Newsletter and have books available to borrow