Arthritis New Zealand is a national charity that provides information, advice and support to people diagnosed with any of the more than 140 forms of arthritis. Arthritis affects more than 700,000 New Zealanders and is a leading cause of disability. There is no cure, but the condition can usually be managed effectively. Most people with arthritis continue to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
We also advocate for people with arthritis by funding research, contributing to health policy, and collaborating with healthcare professionals.
Our support services include:
- National Toll-Free Number to get Information and Advice (0800 663 463)
- In-person and Contactless Support Groups
- Peer Support for Newly Diagnosed
- Information about Common Forms of Arthritis, Treatments, Pain Management, Employment Issues and Access to Other Support Services
- Videos and Webinars
- Online Courses for clinical and non-clinical health professionals
Online Support Groups (available as facebook private groups) – We also have a number of online support groups on facebook so you can link with others at any time. These are closed groups which means that discussions are not visible to the public. If you would like to join any of the groups or find out more about them, click the links below: