Volunteer Nelson’s mission is to connect people to their community through volunteering. We offer a range of suitable placements for volunteers, regularly advertise for volunteers, recruit for specific roles, and provide training education and resources for volunteers managers and community groups.
Volunteer Nelson offers information and advice, advocates on behalf of volunteers and promotes volunteering in the community.
Volunteer Nelson also:
- runs targeted volunteer programmes (e.g. Youth, 60+)
- produces the fortnightly e-newsletter Community News & Views
- organises low cost training for community organisations
- administers the Found Directory
- administers the monthly Nelson Community & Whanau Network meetings