The Tasman Area Community Association (TACA) was formed in 1989.
It is a volunteer organisation that aims to:
- Give the people of Tasman a collective voice for dealing with large issues.
- Work with the Tasman District Council to ensure Tasman/Kina is well represented.
- Improve the environment of Tasman.
- Work with the community to support it in making it a better place to live and work.
In the past years, TACA has been instrumental in arranging or assisting in the following:
- Beautification of the Tasman Domain.
- Implementation of the Pump Track at the Tasman domain and planting out a community orchard.
- Assistance with Taste Tasman.
- Road safety signs on Kina Beach Road.
- Setting up walking tracks on Unformed Legal Roads in the area.
- Working at making the old sawmill site a scenic area for the community.
- Continuing to make welcome packs available for newcomers to the area.
- Erecting bus shelters for school children.
As TACA is a community organisation, why not become involved, attend a meeting, help at a working bee, or join the committee.
Meetings are held on the last Thursday of the month at 7.30pm at Tasman School. No meeting in December.