St John offers vital emergency care and community care services including:
- Emergency ambulance and hospital transfers
- Event Health Services – we look after events of all sizes, from high profile international sports matches to small community fairs.
- Friends of the Emergency Department (FEDs) – volunteers provide comfort and support to patients, their whanau and friends at the Nelson Hospital Emergency Department.
- Health Shuttle – a koha based community service that transports people to health-related visits, and then brings them home again.
- First aid training, AEDs and First Aid Kits
- St John in Schools programme – aims to develop confident young Kiwi kids who care for the health and wellbeing of their communities. Sessions deliver positive learning experiences to empower children to prevent injuries and respond to emergencies.
- Youth programmes – to help young New Zealanders develop first aid, health care, leadership and life skills.
- Caring Caller – a service for people who live alone or feel a bit lonely. Volunteers phone clients regularly to check that they are ok.
- St John Community Shop – profits support our local services. Donations of good quality goods are gratefully accepted. First aid kits available. St John invoices can be paid instore.