Specific Learning Disabilities Nelson Incorporated provides help for those with difficulty in reading, writing, spelling and mathematics.
SLD Nelson operates locally in the Nelson, Tasman and Golden Bay area and offers professional expertise to children, teenagers and adults.
Help is given with difficulties caused by dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia.
- was established as an incorporated society in 1987 under its former name SPELD Nelson.
- is a not-for-profit organisation registered with the Charities Commission, supported by grants, fundraising, donations and membership.
- is a member of the Learning Disabilities Association of New Zealand. LDANZ is our professional body, monitoring the registration and professional development of our teachers and assessors.
Our Lessons are
- $55 per hour
- Arranged between the parent and teacher to be taken at a suitable time and place for the student
- In cases of hardship, some funding assistance maybe available