SASH provides professional services for people and their family/whanau affected by sexual abuse in the Nelson/Tasman region. The work we undertake improves the lives of everyone it touches in the community – sexual abuse can touch anyone regardless of age, capacity, race, socioeconomics or social demographics.
At SASH we believe people have the right to live in a society free from sexual abuse and violence. We aim to assist people by empowering them towards healing and promote autonomy, self-determination, personal growth, pride, confidence and self-esteem.
- 24-hour crisis response for immediate assistance after sexual assault
- Support to people when making statements at the police station
- Private and confidential one-to-one support
- Assistance to access other social services
- Court support and advocacy
- Information on police and court procedures
- Free professional and confidential counselling
- Support and understanding to help you start the healing process
- Support when dealing with historical abuse