Rapaura School opened its doors in 1862 to a roll of about 7 students and by 1867 the numbers had doubled. The Rapaura School, of old, has many similarities with our school today: a very active and engaged parent community, a commitment of getting students to and from school and delivering a rich-authentic learning programme.
At Rapaura School, we REACH from within and to the community as we strive for SUCCESS.
- R – Respect – Ourselves, our peers, our families, our culture, our school, our property and our community.
- E – Excellence – Attitude towards learning, building skills to achieve as a learner, pride, values, manners, setting expectations.
- A – Adaptable – To be innovative, a problem solver, self-managing learner and a creative thinker. Be curious to ask questions and explore the world.
- C – Collaboration – Building knowledge and skills, to work constructively with others. To celebrate each other’s strengths, and to share and develop ideas.
- H – Hauora – Wellbeing: physically, mentally and emotionally, socially and spiritually.