The Nelson Community Toy Library is a not-for-profit organisation, providing an affordable, sustainable toy lending service to Nelson families. The Nelson toy library is one of the largest in New Zealand and has been operating for over 30 years. We are a member of the Toy Library Federation of New Zealand and cater for children from 0-8 years. The toy library is run by our friendly toy librarian, Alicia, and a voluntary committee. Come visit and see what we are all about – you’ll find us at 50A Grove Street, behind the Grove Street Kindergarten, on Wednesday and Saturdays from 9.30am to 11am. Play is the way!
Our range of good quality toys includes:
- Large ride-on toys, scooters and balance bikes
- Portable roller-coasters, slides, basket ball hoops and mini trampolines
- Water activity tables and sand toys
- Baby toys
- Fun toys like dolls, castles, ships, vehicles
- Construction toys like Duplo, Magnatiles, Mobilo
- Imitative toys like kitchens, barbecues, tool & doctors sets
- Manipulative toys like marble runs, wooden train sets
- Great brands like WOW, Imaginext, Playmobil, Hape, Little Tikes, Fisher Price, Sylvanian Families
- Puzzles and games
We have duty and non-duty memberships available, and offer discounts for Community Service Card (CSC) holder families. Duties are 1.5hrs, where you help the librarian to count and check returned toys during opening hours. You are required to do 3 duties during a 12 month duty membership. Duties are fun and save you money! We also have casual memberships available, perfect for Grandparents.