Motueka has a separately elected board who work with the Tasman District Council closely to help their community prosper.
Community boards are separately elected advisory bodies and are not Council committees. Their main role is to represent, and act as an advocate for the interests of their community.
- (a) represent, and act as an advocate for, the interests of its community; and
- (b) consider and report on all matters referred to it by the territorial authority, or any matter of interest or concern to the community board; and
- (c) maintain an overview of services provided by the territorial authority within the community; and
- (d) prepare an annual submission to the territorial authority for expenditure within the community; and
- (e) communicate with community organisations and special interest groups within the community; and
- (f) undertake any other responsibilities that are delegated to it by the territorial authority.