We work to advance the knowledge, appreciation and foster interest and participation in the arts.
Our aim, in partnership with kindred organisations, is to:
- Offer workshops to the community in a wide range of arts each winter in our Winter Workshop Program.
- We have encouragement grants available for local non profit groups and clubs for projects and performances within the arts.
- We run art events for public participation and enjoyment.
- We help beginning art groups that continue on and become self supporting art communities.
- We sponsor sculptures.
- We print Art Walk brochures which are available at the isite.
The arts council acts as an advocate for the arts within local and national organisations. It is and non profit organisation with charitable status and membership is open to anybody local. The group meets monthly and work involves organising and running art events and exhibitions. Enthusiasm and a desire to help is all you need to join us.
We invite all artists and art groups to register with us for our Community Arts Database.
For all enquiries please contact us via email [email protected]