Melrose House is one of the last surviving ‘grand’ historic homes in Nelson.
Due to its extensive gardens and large section, many locals and visitors alike walk or drive past Melrose without ever knowing it’s there – so close to the heart of Nelson’s CBD. We hope you’ll visit Melrose, wander the gardens and enjoy a treat or a meal at the Melrose Cafe located onsite!
Open 7 days – 9am to 4pm weekdays and 9am to 5pm weekends
Melrose House is also available to hire for functions and regularly hosts meetings, workshops, birthdays, bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, hen’s nights, memorials, work functions, holiday parties and more!
The dedicated team at Melrose House will work with you to ensure your event is a success. If you are looking for that special venue, look no further.
Distinctive features include:
- Beautiful late 1800’s architecture
- Sumptuous decor throughout
- Rooms with abundant natural light
- Gorgeous, park-like setting
- Peaceful, private central Nelson location
- On-site parking
- Fabulous on-site catering available. Melrose Café is fully licensed, and rated #1 café in Nelson on TripAdvisor – The Melrose Café is the exclusive catering provider. All food and beverage consumed in Melrose House must be arranged through Melrose Cafe. That said, you won’t be disappointed!
If you would like to place a booking or enquire about availability, please contact: [email protected] or (03) 548 7269
If you would like to place a booking or enquire about the Melrose Café please contact the café directly on (03) 548 9179