Does hearing loss affect your ability to communicate at home, work or prevent you enjoying social activities? Are you embarrassed about not hearing when family and friends get together?
A hearing therapist may be able to help if any of the following apply to you:
- You think people mumble?
- You have difficulty hearing in background noise?
- You have difficulty hearing the television, phone or doorbell?
- You have a hearing aid, but feel it’s not the complete answer?
- You have tinnitus or ringing in your ears
- You have difficulty hearing a conventional smoke alarm at night with your hearing aids removed.
Hearing Therapists are trained to understand the impact of hearing loss and are able to advise and support anyone who experiences difficulties communicating effectively because of this. Assistance may include funding options, learning communication strategies, finding a suitable phone, or finding a better way to get the most from the hearing aids you already have. Hearing therapists are qualified Enable and ACC assessors and can access funding for specialized smoke alarms and equipment. Presentations and education sessions to community groups on communication strategies, advice and support are available by your local Your Way | Kia Roha Hearing Therapist.
This is a free service funded by Ministry of Whaikaha
For a FREE appointment phone 0800 008 011 or visit www.yourwaykiaroha.nz