Inner Wheel New Zealand is a part of International Inner Wheel, one of the world’s largest women’s voluntary service organisations.
We help charities and worthy causes to be successful. In Inner Wheel, we work as a team to achieve more in making a positive difference in our communities, in New Zealand and around the world. Our key focus is empowering women and girls. It is immensely rewarding to give back by working on projects that improve the lives of others and show we care. And, we have fun along the way.
We meet and create true friendships with like-minded women locally, nationally and internationally. We belong to a world leading voluntary women’s organisation, giving us unique opportunities to create positive change in our world. Our voices are heard all the way to the UN with speaking rights on issues relevant to women, children, the family and the elderly.
Inner Wheel enables us to share and use our skills. There are lots of opportunities to grow our skills while we learn more through leadership, meetings, speakers and a variety of social activities. It is special to be acknowledged and appreciated for our contribution.
- Knitting hats, jumpers and blankets for Plunket, the Birthing Centre and the Special Care Birthing Unit
- Making heat pads for tumour patients for Brain Box
- Sewing heart-shaped comfort pillows for the Cancer Society
- Putting together toilet bags with toiletries for a local Women’s Refuge
- Supporting Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, St John, Rescue Helicopter, Look Good Feel Better, Pink Ribbon and a local hospice
- Mid winter Christmas Dinner
- Quiz nights
- Coffee and craft mornings
- Local outings