Malo le soifua maua ma le lagi e mama,
Fa’alapotopotoga Tagata Samoa Nelson Tasman (FTSNT) is a charitable trust representing the Samoan people here in the Nelson and Tasman region. We are part of the diaspora of Samoan People to Aotearoa and call Whakatū (Nelson) home.
- Purpose: is to always know what it is to be a Samoan.
- Vision: is to keep our Samoan identity alive to help our people of Nelson Tasman thrive.
- Mission: is to provide initiatives and programmes that keep the Samoan culture and language alive and visible within our community of Nelson Tasman.
- Tu ma aganu’u Fa’a’samoa: As an organisation, the epicenter of all that we do is preserving and growing the Samoan culture and identity (the Samoan way) for all Samoan people of our region.
- Tausi le vā: We are an organisation that strives to connect Samoan people from all walks of life. As such, we value looking after the relatonships we have through respect, honesty and transparency.
- Tautua: We are committed to the responsibility of leading and serving our community. We do so with alofa, positivity and passion.
We run Samoan cultural initiatives for our community and share our culture with the wider community.
We hold bi-monthly community meetings for our board to report on our organisations activities and listen to the feedback of our community to improve our services.