Discover the fascinating history of the Edwin Fox
- Last surviving ship that took convicts to Australia.
- Oldest surviving wooden ship that brought immigrants to New Zealand
- Last remaining ship of the Dunbar Shipping Fleet, once the largest fleet in the world.
- Last Crimea War troop carrier in the world.
- Winners of the World Ship Trust Award for a successful preservation project.
Visit us… a great all weather activity for the whole family!
- a unique and special piece of New Zealand’s Maritime History preserved for all time.
- Discover fascinating stories of births, deaths, sotrms and disease.
- View the world class displays and original paintings in the visitor centre.
- Step aboard the world famous 1853 ship and see the rare teak workmanship.
- Descend into the hull and visit the graving dock.
- Try out replica bunks, knot tying and play traditional game of Quoits.
- Take the helm with our full size replica ships wheel.
- Walk the decks and depths.
- Visit our gift shop.
- Toliets, picnic area and good parking.
“A great piece of preservation and commitment to beautiful workmanship from the past”