Helping people connect with the services they need in Golden Bay.
People may be referred to us via government services, community agencies, or they may self-refer.
We work with individuals and families to see where they are at, what they need in the way of access to services and support, and assist to make a plan forward.
Everyone should be able to access the services they need to support individual and community recovery post COVID-19.
Many people and their families are facing new challenges and much change due to the impacts of COVID-19. An increased number of people are in vulnerable circumstances, are lacking support, and require help to access the services and support they need.
The Community Connector service is a Government initiative to help minimise the impact of these challenges at a community and an individual level.
The role of the Community Connector is to work with people and families on an individual level, whether it be one off assistance or ongoing support.
Our Community Connectors can provide tailored practical support, and assist with access to government agencies, and other local services.
We utilise existing networks, resources and support available in our community to enable people to create their own positive solutions to the challenges they are facing.
Some ways we can support people and whānau:
- Meeting with people how/where it suits them
- Assistance to create a plan/way forward
- Helping to access online services
- Helping find out what extra support may be available
- Assisting with filling in forms and applications
- Explain letters and documents
- Referral to other support services and agencies
- Source information to help make informed decisions
- Support to book and attend necessary appointments
- Assist and support for those impacted by COVID-19
- Assist with connection to other community providers and support networks
- Regular check ins
We work with:
- People & Whānau – Working with individuals and extended whānau towards holistic wellbeing and self-determination.
- Community – Being involved and collaborating across different areas of the community on initiatives and events. Connecting clients to appropriate people, groups, events, organisations and services.
Other Providers & Stakeholders – Networking with a range of agencies to ensure clients have access to services and that providers are encouraged and supported to do their work in ways that best support the needs of the community.