What services does Choices NZ provide? Choices NZ works with people to:
- Achieve greater independence, working to identify their goals before working to build their skills
- Develop their social networks to connect with individuals and groups with common interests – as well as maintaining the relationships that they already have with friends, family and whānau
- Access community services – working to develop plans and strategies so they can access the things available to everyone in their local community, like sports clubs, community groups
- Gain employment, working to identify and achieve employment opportunities
- Experience new challenges or pursue new interests – this may be through volunteering, or another step towards achieving their goals
- Transition from school
Who works for Choices NZ? Choices NZ is made up of specialist Facilitators who have a Level 5 qualification or higher.
Facilitators work with people in their own community to gain sustainable paid employment and assist school leavers in their transition to the adult world.
Where can people access services offered by Choices NZ? Choices NZ offers:
- Employment and transition services in Nelson and Blenheim region