Age Concern Nelson is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a variety of services to older people across the wider Nelson Tasman region.
Our core aims are to create connections and promote wellbeing, rights, respect and dignity with older people in the region.
Our Main Office is at 62 Oxford Street in Richmond. We also have a Nelson office at 18 Bridge Street, open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 2pm.
Our core services include:
- Elder Abuse Response
- A visiting service and carer respite service, using trained and checked volunteers
- Weekly Tea & Talks around the region
- Weekly events and activities, including SpinPoi, Sing Yourself Well, information sessions, digital upskilling classes, and more!
- Care & Repair Service – linking older people with approved handypeople, gardeners, cleaners, tradespeople, etc.
- Workshops for older drivers, including Staying Safe Driving, Life Without a Car and CarFit