The Nelson Marlborough Health Addictions Service are committed to reducing the harm associated with addiction to individuals, families, whānau and the community.
- screening and brief intervention for drug use problems for people admitted to Wairau Hospital (including the Wahi Oranga mental health unit)
- community detox
- opioid substitution treatment (Methadone and Suboxone)
- The Matrix methamphetamine treatment programme (outpatient programme)
- seminars and workshops on drug use; for workplaces, schools and community groups
- training for professionals and community workers on drug use issues
- referrals to local support groups
- referral to inpatient treatment facilities.
People can refer themselves to this service. Referrals are also accepted from:
- family, whānau and friends affected by someone else’s addiction
- other services working with the person with addiction problems.