Hearing Association Nelson Inc is a not for profit organisation registered with the Charities Commission.
What we do:
- Offer support and advice on all hearing issues
- Clean hearing aids and remove moisture in the ultravac machine in our Nelson office and four clinics at Stoke, Richmond, Motueka and Takaka free for members and $5 non members.
- Fieldworkers visit 13 rest homes in the Nelson/Tasman region looking after residents hearing aids.
- Sell batteries $5.00 a packet members; $6.00 non members
- Sell amplified telephones; available for home trial before purchase
- Produce a quarterly newsletter
- Hearing protection and communication skills taught in local kindergartens, schools, community groups and businesses.
- Membership $30 per annum