The role of Community Partnerships is the provision and promotion of opportunities which meet and enhance the recreational, environmental and cultural needs and aspirations of present and future communities of the Tasman District.
The activity includes:
- Arts Culture and Heritage initiatives to increase opportunities to appreciate, participate and support arts and cultural activities.
- Events to enable the community to be engaged celebrate and reflect the identity and diversity of the region as well as to attract visitors and support economic wellbeing.
- Promotion to increase development and awareness of recreation and socialisation opportunities.
- Programmes to provide and support opportunities for public participation and integration.
- Community Development via funding provision and advice.
- Partnerships with community business and government agencies to develop and support projects and facilities.
- Environmental Education to inform the community of how they can sustain and improve our environment