The Nelson Marlborough Health Addictions Service is a regional service, with facilities located in Nelson, Golden Bay and Blenheim.
Our staff are committed to reducing the harm associated with addiction to individuals, family, whanau and the community.
- screening and brief intervention for drug use problems for people admitted to Nelson or Wairau Hospital (including the Wahi Oranga mental health unit)
- community detox
- opioid substitution treatment (Methadone and Suboxone)
- seminars and workshops on drug use; for workplaces, schools and community groups
- training for professionals and community workers on drug use issues
- referrals to local support groups
- referral to inpatient treatment facilities.
People can refer themselves to this service. Referrals are also accepted from:
- family, whanau and friends affected by someone else’s addiction
- other services working with the person with addiction problems.