Nelson Tasman Youth Workers Collective
We exist to enhance the provision of youth services by supporting and equipping Youth Workers to improvie outcomes for youth throughout the Nelson Tasman region
PO Box 1297
50 Halifax Street
(03) 548 0560
WE HAVE MEETINGS EVERY 4 WEEKS AT VARIOUS VENUES AROUND THE NELSON TASMAN REGION.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
* To provide a forum to discuss issues share skills resources experiences and ideas relating to youth and youth work.
* To assist with information about available resources and appropriate referral agencies.
* To promote co-ordinate and support relevant training events which will contribute to the development of skills knowledge and qualifications of youth workers.
* To promote the value of professional youth work and practices in line with the national Youth Workers Code of Ethics and Aotearoa code of ethics and Aims and Objectives.
* To take a proactive stance to research and address youth and youth worker needs/issues in the community and at a national level.
* To provide social / networking opportunities which foster youth worker relationships that strengthen encourage and support.
To promote active partnerships and collaboration within collective members to ensure efficient provision of services and utilisation of resources.
To operate a healthy and vibrant organisation.